(as of Apr 13,2023 07:58:53 UTC – Details)
Tuna Noodle Salad with Wafu Dressing
Serves 2 as a main course
Wafu dressing is a traditional Japanese vinaigrette made with soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, mirin, and oil, which will often have sesame oil and/or sesame seeds added to it. In this dish it goes amazingly well with the noodles and tuna.
Directions for wakame
1. To prepare the wakame: Put the wakame in a bowl with 2 cups of boiling water and leave to soak for 10 minutes. Drain the seaweed in a colander for 5 minutes, cut into ¾-inch pieces, and leave to cool.
2. Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
3. Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan until golden.
Directions for dressing
4. To make the dressing: Whisk the sesame oil, canola oil, rice wine vinegar, mirin, and soy sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
5. Drain the noodles in a colander, transfer to a bowl, and stir through the wakame and three quarters of the dressing. Divide the noodles between two bowls. Top each portion with tuna, sprinkle with the scallion and sesame seeds, and then drizzle with the rest of the dressing.
Ingredients 1/4 cup wakame; 7 ounces udon noodles 4 tablespoons sesame seeds Two 6-ounce tins of tuna in sunflower oil, drained 1 scallion, white and light green parts, sliced into rings 2 tablespoons sesame oil & 2 tablespoons canola oil 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar & 1 tablespoon mirin 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Whether you’re a seafood lover or a home cook craving something new, this cookbook is for you
Publisher : The Experiment (May 26, 2020)
Language : English
Hardcover : 144 pages
ISBN-10 : 1615196749
ISBN-13 : 978-1615196746
Item Weight : 10.6 ounces
Dimensions : 6.3 x 0.8 x 9.25 inches